CFEBA's Double Your Impact Campaign
We know this has been a tough year for everyone. It’s not the best time to be asking people for money. Despite this unprecedented crisis, however, the Charitable Foundation of the Energy Bar Association (CFEBA) still needs your help!
Before COVID-19 hit we were presented the opportunity to help the Yurok Tribe, the largest federally recognized Indian Tribe in California. The Yurok are working to build a micro-grid that would allow the Tribe to maintain critical services and operations during extended power outages and emergencies, including during the wildfires that increasingly threaten the area. Because of the remote location of the Yurok Reservation, grid electricity remains unavailable to over 40% of the residents living on the
Reservation and roughly 40% of the families living in the area are below the federal poverty level.
By helping the CFEBA raise funds this month, you can support phase two of the Tribe’s three phase micro-grid plan, the installation of a 24 kW photovoltaic system on the rooftop of the Tulley Creek Wildland Fire Center, which is a necessary component of the Tribe’s micro-grid. Learn More about Yurok Tribe
Due to the global pandemic our normal fundraising efforts and annual gala were not possible. For that reason, we are trying something new. We have asked our generous corporate contributors to match your donations during the CFEBAs' Double Your Impact in 2020 Campaign. Every donation made to CFEBA until July 31st will be doubled, up to $28,250!!
The availability of affordable energy is one of the World's critical issues impacting public health, safety and education. CFEBA has a track record that we believe should make you proud of supporting projects to advance the goal of making affordable and environmentally sustainable energy available to all.
Here is a short list of just some of the CFEBA supported projects that have enriched and even saved the lives of many.
- $100,000 to secure the safety of thousands by providing solar systems to primary health care centers located throughout Puerto Rico.
- $150,000 to assist 560 families in Bolivia to receive electricity for the first time, completely transforming their lives in terms of education, economic opportunity and safety
- $95,000 to install HVAC in a D.C. residence shelter for women and children who have been victims of domestic violence (My Sister’s Place)
- Over $90,000 to provide life-changing access to clean water to the 4,600 people in the Akuyam Village of Uganda.
- $18,000 to install solar panels on schools in Cambodia and Uganda and $6,300 to install solar water heaters at a primary school in Tibet;
- $25,000 to purchase high efficiency appliances installed in a HUD funded D.C. housing project to provide independent living for persons with disabilities;
- $15,000 to fund the replacement of windows in a 15-apartment emergency shelter and transitional housing facility in Massachusetts;
- $35,000 to facilitate home rehabilitation or for construction of new energy efficient homes for low-income families in D.C., Northern Virginia and Tennessee; $17,500 for the development of renewable energy in rural areas of the United States.
- $30,000 to support the Solar Cooker Project for refugees from the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, which helped reduce the need for women and children to scavenge for wood outside their camps with attendant risk of rape or death.
Without your support, the level of charitable activity described above would not have been possible and without your continued support it cannot be repeated.
Now is the time for your contributions to do twice the good for a community in need and to help the CFEBA continue its mission to support charitable projects with an energy-related purpose, that are focused on improving lives worldwide.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2020 DOUBLE YOUR IMPACT MATCHING FUND
and CORPORATE CONTRIBUTORS
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
1) We invite and encourage other firms and companies to offer matching contributions as well! If you are interested in participating in a matching fund, please contact: Michele L. Smith, Senior Manager, Marketing & Member Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 202-499-5841.
2) In conjunction with this fundraising initiative, CFEBA is pleased to invite you to join us for Think & Drink: Virtual Happy Hour & Trivia with FERC ALJS, next week, July 29th from 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM ET.
Join CFEBA and EBA Board of Directors and our Honored guests from the comfort of your couch on for a brief presentation on virtual hearings and settlements, a game of FERC trivia (with a prize!) and networking. Don’t forget to bring your drink of choice!
Thank You to All CFEBA 2020 Individual DONORS
Nancy E. Bagot
Vicky A. Bailey
Paul N. Belval
Harold Bulger III
Donna M. Byrne
Holly E. Cafer
Carol A. Clayton
William D. DeGrandis
David T. Doot
Walter R. Hall, II
Emma F. Hand
Jerrod L. Harrison
David B. Hennen
William D. Hewitt
Colin Y. King
Barbara J. Koonz
Joseph W. Lowell
Catherine P. McCarthy
Ted J. Murphy
Gary J. Newell
Delia D. Patterson
Stephen T. Perrien
Serena A. Rwejuna
Richard L. Roberts
Daniel R. Simon
Honorable Eric F. Skrmetta
Holly Rachel Smith
Pilar M. Thomas
Lisa M. Tonery
Robert A. Weishaar, Jr.
O. Julia Weller
Stanley W. Widger, Jr.
Michael A. Yuffee