EBA Steering Committees & Councils
In order to support EBA’s 2020-2023 Strategic Plan initiatives, EBA has reorganized its committee structure into five EBA Steering Committees, managed by a focused group of Steering Committee Officers, a Chair and Vice Chair, appointed by the EBA President. The EBA Councils remain unchanged.
Committees conduct business through the year and generally are responsible for developing educational programming and providing articles to the Energy Law Journal. Committee membership is open to EBA members in good standing. Interested EBA members can volunteer to serve a three-year on one of the 5 Steering Committees that best fits your area of expertise. Leadership resource page.
JOIN A COMMITTEE OR COUNCIL
Please use the portal to sign up for a Committee starting May 3, 2021. Select 1 Steering Committee and/or 1 Council. We have provided examples of micro-volunteering tasks that would fall within each category.
- Gas, Oil & Liquids
- Finance, Transactions & Investments
- Disputes & Resolution
- Energy Professional Council (EPC)
- In-House Counsel Council (ICC)
- Masters Council
- Professional Education Council (PEC)
- Young Lawyers Council (YLC)
2021-2022 EBA Steering Committee
Details of subject matter areas
Responsibilities of Steering Committees:
- Conduct one half-day educational workshop per year
- Oversee development of subject matter annual reports for the Energy Law Journal
- Provide liaisons to the Professional Education Council, to ensure content coverage at Annual Meeting and Mid-Year Energy Forum
- Conduct timely Energizers as needed
- Serve as content specialist and assist Chapters with regional programming
- Micro-volunteer opportunities as needed