2021 SPEAKER SERVICE CENTER (SSC)
Speaker Registration Send Your Documents - Bios & Presentations
Meeting Hashtag: #EBA2021FORUM
All Speakers are required to attend the Speaker Prep Call on September 29 at 2:00 pm ET. Details are included in your speaker confirmation memo.
Speaker PowerPoint Template
Speaker Prep Call Recording (will be posted end of September)
We are pleased to have you join us for the 2021 EBA Mid-Year Energy Forum
. To ensure the best experience for the attendees and speakers, please adhere to the deadlines listed below. If you have any questions or challenges meeting the deadlines, please contact Katie Cutler
, 202-318-3350 or Lisa Levine
a. DEADLINES for speakers and Moderators
Please submit all material through the "Send Documents" button above.
b. Speaker, moderator and Session Coordinator Agreements
All speakers and moderators must complete the agreement linked below.
Speaker/Moderator Agreement: Your agreement was emailed to you. If you didn't receive it please email Katie Cutler.
Session Coordinator Agreement: Please download, read, sign and return to EBA.
c. Registration and Bios
Register Online: All speakers and moderators are FREE and must register for the conference.
Bios: Send your Documents
All speakers and moderators must provide a brief bio, 250 words or less, with your photo which should be a separate document from your bio. Please label your bio document using LAST NAME, FIRST
d. Session WRITTEN MATERIALS & CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION (CLE) CREDIT
Send Your Documents
To ensure the program qualifies for CLE credit hours, we appreciate your assistance by preparing substantive written materials on your subject. All sessions require substantive written materials.
This can include: Previously published articles (which can be reprinted) and/or a detailed outline of your remarks or a sample presentation. The CLE-quality material is due to EBA by SEPTEMBER 10.
Additionally, speakers can choose to use PowerPoints presentations. The FINAL slides are due to EBA by OCTOBER 5.
- If you desire, a PowerPoint may also be used to assist in presenting the material.
- If you are submitting a PowerPoint, please submit in PPT, not PDF format.
- EBA Speaker PowerPoint Template. It is best to have no more than 6-8 lines of text per frame or page.
- Label your written materials: Session title (first three words)_Speakers Last Name.
- An Example: Surviving the Deal_Smith
E. CONFERENCE AGENDA:
View the full CONFERENCE AGENDA
F. SOCIAL MEDIA TIPS FOR MARKETING AND ENGAGEMENT
Your presentation takes time and effort. We therefore encourage you to amplify the impact of your content and engage in meaningful dialog about your topic using social media both before and during the event. To assist you in doing so, we’ve provided some resources and best practices for using social media as a marketing and engagement tool.
Connect with EBA
Before you attend the event, be sure you’re following us on social media and receiving our information. Here’s how:
- Follow the main handle for the event including #EBA2021FORUM
- Connect with us on EBA LinkedIn
- Use the conference hashtag in your posts*
Once you have connected with us, help us connect with you. Be sure to share your social media handle on your registration form and with the conference program manager so we can follow you back and help promote your conference-related posts.
Promote Your Role in the Event
Leading up to the conference, work your network and share insights into your presentation. It’s a best practice to share your participation in the conference on social media and give a taste of what you will be covering. We will provide social media posts, graphics and best practices to help you promote the event. Stay tuned for more details.
G. Audio Visual Equipment
Session rooms will be set with an LCD projector and screen. Each room will have a laptop connected to the projector. We will load your presentation onto the laptop ahead of time. If you need an alternative equipment set-up, please contact Lisa Levine, at least two weeks before the meeting. We strongly recommend bringing a hard copy of your presentation and a copy on a thumb drive…just in case!
Please note: For additional details on this set-up, contact Lisa Levine.
Q: Do I have to register for the conference?
A: YES! We need a registration form for every speaker and moderator -- however, your registration is FREE.
Q: How many people are expected to attend the Conference?
A: Attendance is estimated to be 400.
Q: Are the deadlines for CLE-quality material and power point presentations flexible?
A: No, they are not. We have a very tight turn around to get material to the attendees.
Q: Are speakers and moderators allowed to participate in the special events?
A: Yes, of course! We encourage all speakers and moderators to participate in each events after the conference.
Q: What is the speaker attire?
A: Business Casual
Q: Do you have tips for speakers?
- Please do not read your remarks. The best presentations are those that “hit the highlights” of your written pieces in the attendee book.
- Please submit your materials directly to your moderator and EBA.
- Please be sure to coordinate in advance with your moderator and fellow speakers on your panel. This will avoid duplication of material and enhance the flow of the discussion.
- Be aware of your time limits. “Running over” your allotted time is inconsiderate to your fellow panelists and can cause the entire program to be off-schedule.
- Please note, time and time again, attendees have asked our presenters to give an intriguing “discussion” instead of a lecture. PLEASE leave time for questions.
Q: Do you have tips for moderators?
- Moderators must submit a bio too!
- It is your responsibility to coordinate a planning conference call with the session speakers to ensure familiarity and plan how to present the session to ensure adequate coverage of the subject matter and avoid duplication of material.
- Begin your session on time.
- Do NOT read the speaker bios (they are included in the attendee written materials). However, please introduce each speaker.
- It is your job to SET THE STAGE for the session. As moderator, you are responsible for providing the overall introduction of the subject matter and the session.
- You are responsible for maintaining the flow of the session and ensuring there is sufficient time for question and answers.
I. Permission to Post and Record
By accepting the speaking engagement with EBA, you have agreed to allow EBA to post your presentation on the conference website in pdf format or reproduce it in a workbook. In special cases, you may decline to share your presentation, but we encourage you to share your information freely with attendees and for CLE purposes.
The presentation may also be videotaped, recorded and/or photographed. Meeting materials are provided by the speaker.
J. PowerPoint Design Tips
- Remember PowerPoint is a visual aid to reinforce and underline your message. PowerPoint is not a handout, reference sheet or teleprompter.
- Don’t make your slide deck the primary focus of your presentation; your message and connection with the audience is.
- Simplicity is key; avoid clutter and keep the design simple;
- Avoid complicated graphs and bar charts; these belong in your written materials.
- The font size should be at minimum 14 point and the font type should be consistent throughout.
- Avoid centering your text; align it either right or left
- Use images instead of text, and photographs instead of out-of-date clip art (remember to check images for copyright protection).
- Don’t read from your slides.
- Prepare written material if you want the audience to take home more background information, references or notes from your presentation.
ThanK you very much for your participation in EBA’s conference!
Your first contact should be your session moderator, and then Lisa Levine, CEO, EBA, LLEVINE@EBA-NET.ORG or 202.223.5625.
See you soon!