SPEAKER & MODERATOR RESOURCE CENTER
2018 EBA Mid-Year Energy Forum has gone mobile!
We're excited to announce we have a brand new mobile guide for you to use on Guidebook! Get the guide to access the most up-to-date information about our event, including schedules, maps, and much more.
Android and iOS users:
Tap the "Download" button to download the free Guidebook app
Open Guidebook and you can find our "2018 EBA Mid-Year Energy Forum" guide
Tap "Enter passphrase" and enter eba18 to download our guide
Once you download the app, enter Passphrase: eba18 The meeting app is updated daily and EBA will add all speaker materials on October 22nd.
Desktop Version of Meeting App
Early Bird ATTENDEES ROSTER
Due Dates and Milestones
Please work with your moderators to prepare a CLE-quality session handout and presentation in accordance with the following due dates and milestones. Unless otherwise noted, submitted material to Lisa Levine at LLEVINE@EBA-NET.ORG
- Submit Biography(brief, no more than 250 words) and Electronic Photo (in one document) ASAP and no later than September 27th
- Speaker Registration form ASAP and no later than October 7th - EVERYONE MUST COMPLETE A FORM
- Handouts – ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SESSIONS. (see below for more details) Submit handouts directly to your session moderator, October 14th.
You are encouraged to consider using a variety of formats for panels such as question and answer or a debate style, instead of pure lecture format. Make it fun and interesting for attendees!
Please complete and return, ASAP, the SPEAKER REGISTRATION FORM. Email to EBA@EBA-NET.ORG or fax: 202.833.5596.
*Please note: Registration fees are waived for speakers attending on the day of your presentation. If you are attending the full Conference, you are required to pay the applicable one-day discounted Conference registration fee. See form for details.
EBA Conferences are paperless. Attendees use the Meeting App and receive an electronic link to the conference material. Attendees will have access to the material before and after the conference. It is very important that you adhere to our deadlines to submit handouts. Submit handouts to your moderator and your moderator will send the entire package to EBA.
- Handouts are required for every session. CLE-quality (See CLE BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS) background and/or handout material and, if you desire, a PowerPoint (not required).
- Your handouts should be submitted directly to your session moderator, who will in turn will submit a complete session package to EBA. Note: If you are using a PowerPoint presentation, your handouts should be submitted in PowerPoint version, .ppt (and not PDF).
- If you are only submitting background material to be used for CLE purposes, they are due to Lisa Levine, LLEVINE@EBA-NET.ORG by October 9th.
- If you are using a PowerPoint for your presentation (in .ppt format not PDF): Due to your moderator by October 14th
- EBA Speaker PowerPoint Template (DOWNLOAD PPT). It is best to have no more than 6-8 lines of text per frame or page. It is often difficult for the audience to view more than 6-8 lines of text on your visuals. Submit in PowerPoint version (.ppt) NOT PDF.
- Label your handouts: Session title (first three words)_Speakers Last Name. An Example: Surviving the Deal_Smith
- Handouts should be no more than ten slides and should include bulleted highlights of your presentation, not your verbatim presentation. Supporting articles and cases are encouraged.
All speakers and moderators are asked to provide a brief bio (250 words or less) with your photo inserted into a ONE PAGE DOCUMENT. Send to Lisa Levine at LLEVINE@EBA-NET.ORG as soon as possible. Label bios: Last Name_First Name Example: Smith_Bruce You may find a list speaker bios at: http://www.eba-net.org/education-events/amspeakers/
Audio Visual Equipment
Session rooms will be set with an LCD projector and screen. Each room will also have a laptop connected to the projector. We will load your presentation onto the laptop ahead of time. If you need an alternative equipment set-up, please contact Lisa Levine at LLEVINE@EBA-NET.ORG, at least two weeks before the meeting. We strongly recommend your bring a hardcopy of your presentation and a copy on a thumb drive…just in case!
Please note: General Sessions will be set up lounge style and have no podium. For additional details on this set-up, contact Lisa Levine.
Conference Agenda and Location:
Monday, October 29, 8:00 am - 5:30 pm ET
Tuesday, October 30, 8:00 am – 8:30 pm ET
Renaissance DC Downtown Hotel, 999 9th Street, NW, Washington, DC
Closest Metro Stop: Gallery Place/Chinatown stop
EBA encourages all speakers and moderators to participate in the special events along with the Annual Meeting. Some special events require a registration fee. You can find out more about each event by following the links below. You should also indicate your participation on the Speaker Registration Form, linked above.
Sunday, October 28th: EBA Book Club
Monday, October 29th: CFEBA Gala Information
EBA has secured a block of sleeping rooms at the Renaissance Downtown Hotel for $309 per night. The block cut off is October 2nd. Please reserve your room before October 2nd. To make your reservation visit: https://aws.passkey.com/e/49485728
PLEASE NOTE: EBA does not make speaker hotel reservations nor do we hold rooms for speakers. It is important to make your reservation ASAP.
Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Credit
To ensure the program qualifies for CLE we appreciate your assistance by preparing substantive handouts on your subject, including a PowerPoint presentation. Previously published articles (which can be reprinted) and/or a detailed outline of your remarks are also appropriate. See Speaker Guidelines for more information.
Q: Do I have to register for the conference?
A: YES! We need a speaker registration form for every speaker and moderator. Speakers/Moderators are invited to attend the meeting free of charge on the day of their panel presentation only. If you are planning to attend the entire conference, we have developed a special rate. See the speaker registration form for more details.
Q: How many people are expected to attend the Conference?
A: Attendance is estimated to be 500-550.
Q: What overnight accommodations are available for speakers?
A: EBA has negotiated a discounted room block rate with the Renaissance. Please see Hotel Accommodations for details. You MUST make your own hotel reservations. EBA does not make reservations nor do we hold rooms for speakers. Contact the hotel as soon as possible.
Q: Are the deadlines for paper and power point presentations flexible?
A: No, they are not. We have a very tight turn around to get material to the attendees.
Q: Do you have tips for speakers?
- Please do not read your remarks. The best presentations are those that “hit the highlights” of your written pieces in the attendee book.
- Please submit your materials directly to your session moderator. The moderator will coordinate all speaker handouts and submit as one package to EBA, in the order to be presented.
- Please be sure to coordinate in advance with your moderator and fellow speakers on your panel. This will avoid duplication of material and enhance the flow of the discussion.
- Be aware of your time limits. “Running over” your allotted time is inconsiderate to your fellow panelists and can cause the entire program to be off-schedule.
- Please note, time and time again, attendees have asked our presenters to give provide an intriguing “discussion” instead of a lecture. PLEASE leave time for questions.
Q: Do you have tips for moderators?
- Moderators must submit a bio too!
- It is your responsibility to coordinate a planning conference call with the session speakers to ensure familiarity and plan how to present the session to ensure adequate coverage of the subject matter and avoid duplication of material.
- Begin your session on time.
- Do NOT read the speaker bios (they are included in the attendee handouts). However, please introduce each speaker.
- It is your job to SET THE STAGE for the session. As moderator, you are responsible for providing the overall introduction of the subject matter and the session.
- You are responsible for maintaining the flow of the session and ensuring there is sufficient time for question and answers.
- All speakers should submit their session handouts directly to you. You will combine them into one package and submit to EBA by the due date. Please submit as a PowerPoint presentation and NOT a PDF. Thanks
Thank you very much for your participation in EBA’s conference!
Your first contact should be your session moderator, and then Lisa Levine, Executive Director, EBA, LLEVINE@EBA-NET.ORG or 202.223.5625.
See you in Washington DC soon!