LOCATION - VIRTUAL HAPPY HOUR and TRIVIA!
Join CFEBA and EBA Board of Directors and our honored guests from the comfort of your couch on Wednesday July 29th from 5:30- 7:00 PM ET for a brief presentation on virtual hearing and settlements, a fun game of FERC trivia (with a prize!) and networking.
Honored Guests include:
- Chief Judge Carmen Cintron
- Judge Patricia M. French
- Judge Patricia E. Hurt
- Judge Suzanne Krolikowski
Don’t forget to bring your drink of choice! If you’d like to try one of these, our honored guests have shared their favorite cocktails and recipes with us!
CHIEF JUDGE CINTRON - ARNOLD PALMER
- Bring water to boil and pour 3 cups over 4 tea bags and allow to steep for 5 minutes. ...
- Add one cup of boiling water to 1 cup of sugar, making sure the sugar dissolves completely.
- Mix simple syrup and brewed tea together and chill.
- Add lemonade, mixing well.
- Add in citrus slices.
BOOZY ARNOLD PALMER?
Lemonade. Fresh-squeezed is best, of course, but if you use a good quality store-bought lemonade (ingredients = lemon juice sugar water), you’ll be just fine. And…
Sweet Tea Vodka.
JUDGE FRENCH - THE MARBLEHEAD DESIGNATED DRIVER (AKA SUMMERTIME IN A GLASS)
1 small seedless watermelon cut into chunks ½ cup of fresh squeezed lime juice 4 tsp organic agave 5 tbsp Pellegrino sparkling water
JUDGE KROLIKOWSKI- FAVORITE PIÑA COLADA RECIPE
- 8 oz. frozen pineapple chunks (may substitute half a fresh pineapple, cut into chunks and frozen)
- 6 oz. sweetened cream of coconut (shake can really well before opening as contents tend to separate)
- 2 oz. unsweetened coconut milk (shake can before opening)
- 2-3 TB freshly squeezed lime juice (orange juice may be used in a pinch)
- 3 c. ice
- 4-8 oz. white rum (optional; adjust quantity depending on strength preference; I usually use 6 oz.)
- 1-2 oz. dark rum (optional)
- maraschino cherry
- lime wedge, thin
- straw and/or decorative umbrella (optional)
- In blender, purée pineapple, cream of coconut, coconut milk, lime juice, ice, and white rum.
- Place blender cup in freezer for 30-45 minutes, until thickened.
- Reblend until slushy. If not planning to use a straw, add dark rum before reblending.
- Pour into 4 glasses. If using a straw, add 1/2 oz. dark rum to top of mixture in glasses (as a “floater;” it slowly drifts downward into the drink and provides both scientific and decorative effect).
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry and/or lime wedge (I like both). May also drizzle maraschino liquid for extra sweetness or color (plus, what else are you going to do with the cherry juice in the jar?).
- Place straw and/or umbrella into glass.
- Drink slowly (especially if using full amount of rum; also, this is a very caloric beverage!).
Non-alcoholic option: Leave out rum. May need to use a little less ice or, alternatively, add a little extra coconut milk for slushier, more drinkable consistency.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT TIMING: Start early because step 2 requires a 30-45 minute wait time.
Actual prep time (if not using fresh pineapple) is only 5-10 minutes.
JUDGE HURT - SANGRIA
- Go to Costco. Purchase Kirkland Sangria.
- Twist cap to open.
- Pour over ice.
See You Wednesday!
The $20 registration fee is a tax-deductible donation to support the CFEBA's good works.
The Charitable Foundation of the Energy Bar Association supports charitable projects that have an energy-related purpose and are focused on improving lives worldwide. The availability of affordable energy is one of the world's critical issues impacting public health, safety and education.
By making a contribution to the energy community through CFEBA, we can impact health, education, opportunity and safety. Together we can improve lives worldwide with affordable and environmentally sustainable energy.
Learn More- CFEBA Double Your Impact Campaign
By registering for this program, you authorize EBA to use any photographs taken of you during the event. Photographs may be used in promotional materials or stories that appear in professional publications and websites.
For more information on this event, please contact the Energy Bar Association at (202) 223-5625 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.