2019 Attorney Membership
Any attorney in good standing may become a member of the EBA. EBA membership is open to those interested in energy law including attorneys, consultants and other energy professionals, academics and students. Please link here to REVIEW SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP.
The Private category of membership is for attorneys from private practice and law firms and non- profit associations. The Government/Student rate is for government employees and university students.
Membership is calendar year (January - December) and dues are payable January 1st each year. Student membership runs on a twelve month cycle beginning August 1st.
If you are BRAND NEW to EBA, begin the JOIN EBA process by creating a profile: New Visitor Registration.
You can then access the "Store" from the quick links on the left and select the first option: JOIN EBA and select the appropriate membership category from the list below:
* Young Lawyers are those who have graduated from law school within the last three years, that is, on or after January 1, 2016.
** As of April, 2016, Retiree applies only to those who are 65 years or older AND presently not practicing law but have been an EBA member in good standing for at least five (5) years.
***A “small firm” is defined as a law firm with 10 or fewer full-time attorneys (inclusive of all full-time attorneys regardless of practice area, exclusive of supportive staff and non-attorney professionals).
2019 ATTORNEY/STUDENT MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION (PDF)
2018 Energy Professional Membership (non-attorney)
Energy Professionals in the energy field who satisfy the membership criteria set forth below, are encouraged to submit their application for approval by the Association's Board. Once approved by the Board for membership, Energy Professional members will have the opportunity to participate in all of the Association's programs and activities, with the exception of voting and holding elective office in the Association.
Join online by selecting the appropriate membership category and link below:
Energy Professionals will be considered for Energy Bar Association membership if their credentials meet one or more of the following criteria:
- employment in a professional capacity in an energy company or an energy industry trade association;
- employment in a professional capacity in a federal, state or local government organization that has jurisdiction over energy companies;
- employment in a professional capacity in a firm that provides professional services to energy companies or governmental organizations that have jurisdiction over energy companies;
- employment or affiliation at an academic institution in a field related to or supporting energy law and policy; or
- professional experience within the past five years in matters pertaining to the development, administration, and/or application of energy law and policy, such as economic analysis, engineering analysis, regulatory analysis, project development or contract administration (each pertaining to energy).
Private membership is for energy professionals in the private sector, such as private institutions of higher learning, nonprofits, associations, think tanks, law firms, etc. If you have questions about your category of membership please contact EBA at 202-223-5625. Please complete the and return it with your membership dues to EBA.
2019 ENERGY PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION (PDF)
For questions about membership, please call (202) 223-5625 or email email@example.com.