Volunteers are the fuel that power associations. The Energy Bar Association (EBA) offers a variety of ways for our members to get involved, from short-term volunteer projects to committee, council, and board service. With every new volunteer, EBA grows more energized, more diverse and inclusive, and better equipped to reach our common goals.
We encourage you to deepen your engagement with EBA and your association peers. Volunteer today!
Value Statement for Volunteering for Energy Bar Association Activities
EBA members who volunteer work closely with industry icons and rising stars in furtherance of EBA’s mission to promote professional excellence and ethical integrity of its member in the practice, administration, and development of energy laws, regulations, and policies. Volunteering raises the profile of the member and their employer while offering numerous opportunities to host, participate, develop and shape the types of programs and educational offerings of EBA. Volunteers make contacts in all facets of the energy industry that are valuable for professional development, providing advice on issues and networking. Volunteers also develop and enhance their leadership and speaking skills and gain a deeper understanding of the role that the EBA plays in the Energy sector.
Micro Volunteer opportunities (1-3 hours Commitment per year)
If you want to experience what it's like to volunteer for EBA, Charitable Foundation of the Energy Bar Association (CFEBA) and/or the Foundation of the Energy Law Journal (FELJ) before making a longer-term commitment to a leadership group, you can start by volunteering for individual projects. Throughout the year, EBA, CFEBA and FELJ have needs for micro-volunteer assistance. Just email Mary Margaret Frank and let her know when and how much time you have available and we will try to connect you with a fun volunteer experience.
Categories & Sample Tasks
- Call new members to welcome them, collect data, and answer questions
- Check-in with new members to get feedback three, six, and nine months into their membership
- Welcome new online community or LinkedIn group members
- Help out at new member orientation sessions
- Mentor or serve as a resource to young professionals
PROGRAMS AND EVENTS
- Call new attendees and arrange to meet them at events
- Video tape or take pictures for an association event
- Work at the registration desk or membership booth
- Take photos or videos during the event
COMMUNICATIONS & CONTENT
- Record a discussion at a session round table
- Provide live Twitter chatter during meetings
- Take notes and write a recap of a session or webinar
- Edit, proof, or provide feedback on articles and posts
- Recommend social media posts
- Review paper or proposal for publication
- Moderate or facilitate discussion groups, online or in person
- Write reviews of books, videos, or other industry content
- Write a blog post or article on a specific topic for EBA Brief
- Lead a table OR online community discussion
Join a Committee or Council
When you want to take your participation to the next level, consider volunteering with one of EBA's committees or councils. Participation is for a one-year term and is open to all current members.
For information about the committees and councils, visit: Committee and Council Descriptions
To volunteer, just sign up
Please use the form linked here: Committee or Council Sign-Up Form (PDF) to join a committee or council.
Interested in other ways to volunteer?