Welcome! If you recently joined the Energy Bar Association, this section of our website will be a wealth of knowledge for you. Consider the below information your CliffsNotes® to take full advantage of an active membership in the EBA!
If you have questions about any of the below information, please contact Michele L. Smith, Senior Manager, Marketing & Member Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the main number at 202-223-5625.
Get To Know EBA Benefits Video | Get To Know EBA Benefits Video - Students & Young Lawyers
Your Member Profile
EBA Connect, the online directory is a powerful networking channel for members!
Enhance your Profile:
- Upload your profile photo to help other members get to know you. Your photo appears in EBA Connector if you prefer, you can alternatively add your firm or company logo. (do you need to give them a clue how to get to their profile?)
- Highlight your strengths and specialty by including your alma Marta, a personal tag line (up to 50 characters), and a direct link to your LinkedIn profile or other social channels.
- Never miss another hour of CLE. Include your State and Bar number in your profile and EBA will have it prepopulated when you register for programs. You can include up to 3 states bars) . Set it once and don’t worry if you forget to add it during event registrations!
Learn More: How To Update Your Profile
Search EBA Connect for members with similar interests or within your geographic region.
EBA ONLINE COMMUNITIES: EBA has two active online communities for members-only:
EBAOnline@groups.io is open to all active EBA members and provides a forum for discussion and networking.
To join the EBA Online Community: Please go directly to the Online Community Join page and enter your email. An email confirmation will then be sent from Groups.io to confirm your email address and activate your membership.
EBA In House Counsel Online Group
At the request of membership, EBA created the EBA In House Counsel Online Group is platform that allows in house and general counsel to communicate and provides you an opportunity to discuss critical issues and ask questions related to the practice of energy law. EBAInHouseCounsel@groups.io is only available to current EBA In House Counsel members. If you are interested email: EBAInHouseCounselemail@example.com.
- Stay abreast of the news trends and policy issues that matter most to you with EBA Insights, our weekly e-newsletter which brings you valuable energy sector news. EBA Insights also offers the ability to customize your industry newsfeed and weekly email content. Insights comes to your desktop every Wednesday morning.
- EBA’s e-library puts energy resources at your fingertips. Access tons of conference audio and video recordings and meeting material to assist you with research and self-study, Some recordings offer CLE credit too!
- Register for an upcoming Energizer. These short educational programs connect you to experts discussing a variety of time-sensitive industry topics. Energizers typically offer remote participation so everyone can join the discussion. Just a reminder to use your NEW MEMBER discount code (CODE) to take advantage of one complimentary Energizer if you have not yet already.
- It is imperative to stay relevant in this changing energy world. EBA's Energy Law Academy focuses on the core legal and regulatory concepts and basic industry fundamentals that every energy law practitioner needs for success. You may participate by taking individual courses; or enhance your overall knowledge of energy law by obtaining your Energy Law Academy Certificate of Achievement.
- Volunteer to serve on an EBA Steering Committee or Council that best fits your area of expertise. New members can join a committee or council at anytime throughout their first year of membership. Committee work opens the door to speaker and program coordinating opportunities and provides leadership development;
- EBA has eight regional chapters: Northeast, Southern, Louisiana, Houston, Midwest, Rocky Mountains, Western and the RECENTLY ADDED Canadian Chapter! Getting involved with your local chapter is an opportunity to develop leadership skills that can enhance your practice and help your clients. Learn More
- Board service is a chance to expand your network, establish yourself as a leader and gain recognition from your employer, community, or peers. The Call for Nominations opens every year between late December and early January and self-nominations are encouraged!
Take time to read the academically acclaimed Energy Law Journal and learn why this bi-annual publication is a key resource for federal and state courts and agencies, law review articles and journals, and energy industry luminaries. Become an industry thought leader and write for the ELJ.
EBA's quarterly online magazine, EBA BRIEF features an in depth look at the legal, policy, and economic issues of the energy industry, including the electric, gas, oil, renewables and hydroelectric sectors. The EBA Brief serves as an excellent opportunity for members to exchange ideas, remain current, and engage in open debate. Members are strongly encouraged add their voice to the discussion by submitting articles for consideration.
Navigate your career with the help of EBA’s Career Center. Whether you're a recent graduate looking to break into the industry or a seasoned professional interested in taking that next step, the EBA Career Center will help you further your career or get things started.
Young Lawyers and Students Resources. Attend educational and social events with particular focus on young lawyers and students.
If you have questions about your membership or member benefits, please contact Michele L. Smith, Senior Manager, Marketing & Member Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the main number at 202-223-5625.
Get To Know EBA Video