About the Foundation
The Charitable Foundation of the Energy Bar Association is a non-profit charitable organization formed in 2002 under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation engages in a variety of energy-related and general charitable activities, including:
- Donations to non-profit organizations and needy individuals for payment of utility bills and other energy-related and general purposes;
- Funding energy internships;
- Funding scholarships and educational grants;
- Energy-related volunteer service projects, including residential home construction, weatherization and energy efficiency efforts;
- General charitable service projects.
The mission of the Foundation is to engage in charitable activities, including the support of worthwhile energy-related charitable projects, as well as other community service projects, through financial contributions and volunteer services provided by the Foundation, members of the Energy Bar Association and others.
The Charitable Foundation of the Energy Bar Association was organized through the joint efforts of the Board of Directors of the Energy Bar Association and the Foundation of the Energy Law Journal. The Associations' Board of Directors formally authorized the creation of the Foundation in December 2001. The Foundation was incorporated in April of 2002 in the District of Columbia and received its 501(c)(3) tax status in October of 2002. The Energy Bar Association, the Foundation of the Energy Law Journal, the members of the Association and their employers, including those members, law firms and companies who became Founders, have contributed generously to the Foundation.