Please link to the specific award below:
Paul E. Nordstrom Service Award
This Award was created in memory of Paul Nordstrom, a past President of the Energy Bar Association (“EBA”) and motivating force in the organization of the Charitable Foundation of the EBA (“CFEBA”). The first award was given to Paul posthumously. It is an award to honor and to recognize exemplary long-term service or a particularly significant example of public service by a current or past member to the community through the EBA, the CFEBA, or the Foundation of the Energy Law Journal. Exemplary community service outside of these organizations may also be considered as a criterion for the Award. Nominations are accepted each year by the Nominating committee and generally during the summer. Awarded in the Fall.
||2020 - Harvey L. Reiter
2019 - James Curtis "Curt" Moffatt
2018 - Susan N. Kelly
2017 - Michael Stosser
2016 - Robert S. Fleishman
2015 - A. Karen Hill
2014 - Paul B. Mohler
2013 -William Mogel
2012 - Freddi L. Greenberg,
2011 - Richard Meyer
2010 - Sheila S. Hollis
2009 - Paul E. Nordstrom
Jason F. Leif Chapter Service Award
In February 2018, the Energy Bar Association created the Jason F. Leif Chapter Service Award in memory of Jason F. Leif, a past EBA President, a past President of the Houston Chapter of the EBA, and a motivating force in the revitalization of the Houston Chapter. This award honors and recognizes exemplary long-term service, or one or more particularly significant examples of service, by an EBA member to one or more of the EBA Chapters. Exemplary service to the community in connection with EBA Chapter activities may also be considered. The award is granted as deemed warranted by the EBA Board and may, or may not, be granted annually.
In May 2018, Jason was presented the first award, posthumously. In 2019, the award was presented to Dan Pancamo for his exemplary long-term service to the Louisiana Chapter.
2021- Cynthia B. Miller
2020 - Crystal McDonough
2019 - Daniel T. Pancamo
2018 - Jason F. Leif
EBA seeks to ensure its regional chapters are vigorous, attuned to the needs of the membership, and committed to the Association’s mission of promoting professional excellence in the practice of energy law. EBA also wants to enhance the role of the EBA Chapters in representing EBA’s values and character at the regional level. Accordingly, we look for a variety of attributes in our candidates, including:
- A record of service to one or more EBA regional chapters;
- Professional excellence;
- Adherence to high ethical standards;
- Collegiality; and
- Diversity in all of its aspects.
Nomination submissions are collected each year during the fall and should be directed to the to members of EBA’s Nominating Committee. Please complete: Nomination Form
EBA State/Provincial Regulatory Practitioner Award
The State/Provincial Regulatory Practitioner Award may be given to a person(s) who fit the following criteria:
- Representation of clients before U.S. , or Canadian provincial, regulatory agencies is a predominant part of the nominee's total practice;
- The nominee's state or provincial practice and participation in the state or provincial energy regulatory process has produced significant results or recognition;
- The nominee's state or provincial practice reflects enhanced professional competence of the practice of energy law;
- The nominee has made substantial contributions to the advancement of energy law in the state(s) or province(s) in which the nominee practices. These contributions could be through the nominees work in private practice; government service (including ALJs and public service commission staff); academia; legislative activities; or any combination of the foregoing.
- The nominee must be a member of the EBA, or must have been, a member of the EBA, for 3 or more years. EBA membership cannot be obtained for the sole and limited purpose of receiving the award.
Nomination submissions are collected each year during the summer and should be directed to the to members of EBA’s Nominating Committee. Nominations must be supported by relevant information that demonstrates the nominee’s qualifications. Awarded in the Fall.
Holly Rachel Smith, 2020- EBA PRESS RELEASE
Holly Rachel Smith
2020 - Holly Rachel Smith
2019 - H. Russell Frisby
2019 - Andrew O. Kaplan
2016 - Sandra Mattavous-Frye
2015 - Stephen H. Watts, II
2014 - Charles Gray
2013 - Jeff Genzer
2012 - Honorable Sonny Popowsky,
recently retired Consumer Advocate for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
2011 - Ben Stone
2010 - James Van Nostrand
EBA President's Award
The EBA President's Award is given occasionally to an individual that has made an extraordinary contribution to the profession or the development of energy law over a long career. Awarded an occasion.
Robert S. Fleishman, 2019- EBA PRESS RELEASE
2019 - Robert S. Fleishman
2017 - Robert Nordhaus
2010 - Richard D. Cudahy (Judge)
2008 - Richard J. Pierce, Jr.
2006 - Senator Pete V. Domenici
2004 - Charles B. Curtis
2002 - Stephen F. Williams (Judge)
2001 - Congressman John D. Dingell